ATTENTION: The County requires a Notarized Affidavit of Identity form to be submitted when filing an FBNS.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PUBLISHING A FBNS
- File within 40 days of business start date
- Owner must sign (corporate officer if corporation; manager or officer if limited liability company; general partner if partnership; trustee if trust)
- Street address of principal place of business and county must be listed (corporation/limited liability companies must include address as set out in its articles of incorporation on file with the Secretary of State and the state of incorporation/organization)
- All owners and their residence addresses must be listed
- Filed copy of statement must be published once per week for four consecutive weeks in an adjudicated newspaper in Los Angeles County (list included on web page and at County Clerk's Office)
- Publication must begin within 30 days of filing
- Corporation/limited liability companies must provide copies of Articles of Incorporation/Organization
State law requires that within the next 30 days of filing, the registrant must publish a statement in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the principal place of business is located once a week for four successive weeks.
- The first time filing fee for the Fictitious Business Name Statement is $41 for one business name and one registrant.
- The renewal filing fee for the Fictitious Business Name Statement is $41 for one business name and one registrant.
- There is an additional fee of $5 for both first time filing and renewal filing for each additional business name and/or each additional registrant in excess of one.
- The Malibu Times charges a onetime fee of $75 to publish the Fictitious Business Name Statement for four weeks.
If you would like us to file your FBNS for you, click here for instructions or call Call 310.456.5507 ext. 108 for more information.
Completed forms can be mailed to:
The Malibu Times
Attn: FBNS Department
3864 Las Flores Canyon Rd.
Malibu, CA 90265