Woolsey Fire - 14.jpg

The scene on Thursday, Nov. 8—Malibuites were not under evacuation orders at that time.

US Postal Services Malibu mail pick-up—PLEASE BRING ID

Mail, which is undeliverable due to closures, burnt out or damaged homes or apartments, can be picked up at the old post office (located next to the Malibu Urgent Care Center, 23648 Pacific Coast Highway). Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.  For updated delivery information, call 323.586.1460.

US Postal Services retail services 

Pacific Palisades Post Office—15243 La Cruz; Santa Monica Post Office—1653 7th Street. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. 

Insurance questions—roadmap to recovery 

Provides tips, tools and guidance through United Policyholders, a nonprofit organization that educates and advocates for disaster victims (insurance consumers). www.uphelp.org/woolseyfire  

Debris removal 

Construction or removal work that costs $500 or more must be performed by a state licensed contractor. However, hauling debris with no structural alteration does not require a contractor’s license. Be sure that your homeowner’s insurance policy covers individuals who may be injured on your property. For further information, visit calb.gov


Demolition contractors must have a CSLB-issued C-21 Building Moving/Demolition license when parts of or an entire structure has to be taken out or replaced. 

CalVet home loan owners 

If you are a homeowner with a CalVet home loan and experienced property loss or were required to evacuate your home, please contact the Claims Adjust 24-Hour Hotline at 800.626.1613. If you have questions about your homeowner insurance, please call the CalVet Home Protection Unit at 866.421.6978. 

SBA disaster loans 

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest, long-term disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters to repair or replace uninsured, underinsured disaster-damaged property. Apply online at disasterloan.sba.gov/ela or call 800.659.2955.

Cremains recovery 

If you have lost your home and the cremains of your loved ones were inside, a team of volunteer archeologists and trained canines are able to help recover them. This is a FREE service for fire victims. For more information, visit their website at CremainsRecovery.com, or call Lynn Engelbert at 408.981.7831 or email her at lengelbert@comcast.net

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.