Dec. 6, 2018
• Legal name: The Malibu Foundation for Youth and Families, which operates/DBA’s as the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu, since 1999, 501(c)3 95-4774844
• The Malibu Foundation for Youth and Families/Boys & Girls Club of Malibu, is NOT the **Malibu Foundation** (https://malibufoundation.gvng.org), which was established in response to the Woolsey fire to support the community of Malibu, and its neighbors, as it works to recover from the fire.
• BGCM Emergency Relief Fund, established November 11, 2018, and in response to the fire has to date received/pledges totaling $798,000 in donations.
• Of the $798,000 received/pledged, $400,000 has been donated by the **Malibu Foundation**.
• The BGCM Emergency Relief Fund began receiving applications from those in need on November 19th. From November 23rd to December 5th, the BGCM Emergency Relief Fund has awarded $262,000 in Emergency Relief Aid to 86 Families/Individuals.
• Grant applications and supporting documentation are reviewed and approved by the Grants Subcommittee, comprised of valued community members.
•The BGCM is serving the Emergency Relief Fund as a trusted and verifiable community-based nonprofit organization providing a community service:
o The BGCM is currently taking NO administrative fees to operate the Emergency Relief Fund, thereby supporting the relief fund’s infrastructure out of its own operating budget.
o The BGCM is paying its entire team of Youth Development Staff to support the infrastructure of the Emergency Relief Fund.
•The BGCM is working with Certified Public Accountants Guzman & Gray, which is performing on-going audits of the fund, from inception to completion: the application & distribution process, bank accounts and assurance of the proper use of funds within the guidelines of the fund establishment. These audits will be shared with the public.
•If you or someone you know has been impacted by the Woolsey fire and either lives(ed) or works(ed) in Malibu and is in need of Emergency Relief Funding please contact us:
Donations/Volunteer ops at: https://bgcmalibu.org/
Follow us to stay informed at Facebook: @bgcmalibu90265 | Instagram: @bgcmalibu90265 | Twitter: @bgcmalibu
On November 11th the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu established the Malibu Emergency Relief Fund in response to the Woolsey Wildfire that was declared a city, state and federal disaster. The BGCM is raising funds to support people living in and working in unincorporated and Malibu City limits being defined by the geographic boundaries of the Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District.
This new fund allows BGCM to serve vulnerable members of our community through one of its most devastating life events. The fund has an oversite committee and a separate grants subcommittee in place. Visit
bgcmalibu.org to learn more.